Monitoring and Compliance
goPRS is continuously assessed and updated, to ensure its alignment to national, regional and international instruments:
Anti-corruption instruments that covers PP:
- UN Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC) (2005)
- African Union Convention on Preventing and Combatting Corruption (2003)
- OECD Anti-Bribery Convention (1997)
- The Integrity and Anti-Corruption Initiative of the African Development Bank (2005).
Procurement instruments implementing principles of UNCAC in PP (transparency, competition, objectivity):
- WTO Agreement on Government Procurement (GPA, (2012) - Plurilateral agreement
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) non-binding principles on Government Procurement (1999) and Transparency Standards on Government Procurement (2004) - regional
- EU Procurement Directives 2004/17/EC and 2004/18/EC (in process of revision) - regional
- Procurement Directives and Regulations in COMESA, ECOWAS, CEMAC/ECCAS – regional
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA, 1994, PP in Chapter 10) - regional
- UNCITRAL Model Law on Public Procurement (2011) + Guide to Enactment (2012)
- World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), and other regional or multilateral development banks have their own procurement standards and guidelines, which as a rule must be used for bank-financed procurement.