UNODC publishes landmark release goAML 5.0
On 9 July, a landmark release of goAML was published, which provides an extensive set of new features and upgrades to the existing system already installed in close to 60 countries. goAML is UNODC’s Next Generation solution for Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Terrorist Financing. This latest release, version 5.0, is a major milestone for the project and provides Financial Intelligence Centres worldwide with more advanced technologies for fighting financial crime. It is the result of hard work and intensive successful collaboration between Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs) and UNODC, for which we are grateful.
Notable features include:
- Crypto-currency support to allow reporting and processing of transactions with virtual assets, which is fast becoming the defacto method for laundering money;
- Hybrid reporting and full reporting customisation, which enables reporting a combination of transactions and activity in a report and an array of flexible possibilities for including persons, entities, or accounts;
- Integration with the Egmont Secure Web-enabling FIUs using goAML to export and import information to each other;
- New Accessible web interface ensures that the reporting community of 120,000+ users is unrestricted in their daily operations;
- Artificial Intelligence features such as Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) have been added to goAML’s External System Services to ingest unstructured data and increase automation;
- The addition of 130+ new fields and a virtually unlimited amount of reporting possibilities.
goAML has a user base above 120,000 and is deployed in close to 60 countries. Some of these countries ingest 300,000 transactions daily, reaching an aggregate of one billion transactions in the system globally.
UNODC would like to thank the international goAML User Community for their collaboration and support.