Unite Conferences - supporting conference management
A significant amount of the core work of the United Nations is accomplished in daily meetings, both large and small, where delegates of Member States gather to raise issues and propose solutions.
Using Unite Conferences, the Department for General Assembly and Conference Management (DGACM) provides the physical and deliberative framework to facilitate this important work. Unite Conferences is a suite of online services, applications and tools designed to help delegates do their work.
Unite Conferences includes tools for conference planning and organization, preparing official calendars of conferences and meetings, providing meeting room facilities, as well as other services, including interpretation into the six official UN languages— Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish.
The UN is one of the world’s largest employers of language professionals—interpreters, translators, editors, verbatim reporters, terminologists, reference assistants and copy preparers/proofreaders/production editors—and Unite Conferences includes tools designed to help coordinate editing, referencing, translation, text-processing, copy preparation and proofreading, printing and distribution of reports and publications.
Following are a list of tools included in the Unite Conferences suite:
- eMeets: used to take requests for conferences and meetings, plan and organize resources (e.g. rooms, staff, equipment), as well as providing facilities to prepare official calendars of events for distribution.
- eAPG: used to manage the recruitment, capacity and performance of interpreters.
- gDoc/DCPMS: used to take requests for document services, coordinate the service delivery of reports and publications from editing and composition to distribution of physical or digital media.
- CMA: used to coordinate the external, freelance service providers who are part of the document delivery chain.
- eCorrespondence: used to manage electronic correspondence with permanent missions, heads of state and other official organizations.
- eSubscription: an easy way to subscribe to changes to official UN documents.
- eLUNa: a computer assisted translation tool that aids translators by matching new untranslated text with previously translated text.
- UNTERM: a terminology database used by language professionals to maintain standard and harmonized terminology throughout the UN system.
- TAPTA4UN: a statistical machine translation engine that is based on UN Secretariat documents.