Unite Newsletter - May 2018
Unite AppDesk launched for key UN enterprise apps
Visit the Unite AppDesk to get answers to your questions on the tools you use on a daily basis. At Unite AppDesk you will get face-to-face consulting and information from Unite AppExperts on key UN enterprise apps and topics. Unite AppDesk is held every second Wednesday in the south lobby of the UN Secretariat, during lunchtime (11:30am -1:30pm).
AppDesk workshops are facilitated by Unite AppExperts who focus on best practices, and tips and tricks for key UN enterprise applications. Some of the workshops will be virtual, so anyone can join globally.
Check the online schedule for upcoming AppDesk events.
The archives of 1,100 users in the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) have been successfully migrated from Lotus Notes to Unite Mail.
Although staff in ECA moved to Unite Mail (Microsoft Outlook) early in 2017, they continued to use Lotus Notes to access locally stored archives. Having archives available in Unite Mail certainly makes things simpler and makes it possible to fully retire Lotus Notes. Learn more
We need your feedback
ICT in the field
- Hosted Unite AppDesk at UNHQ on 2 May and 16 May, featuring Unite AppExperts providing support on key UN enterprise apps and topics including Unite Mail, Skype for Business, Unite Analytics, Information Security, and many more.
Protect yourself. Protect the UN.
Protecting the United Nations' data, resources, and reputation is vitally important. As the Organization stores, processes, and shares more and more sensitive information electronically, preventing breaches is paramount.
As the first line of defense, you play a critical part in information security.
To learn more about staying cyber safe, even at home, download the quick guide.
ICT on iSeek
- Tips for staying informed on UN news and issues
- This UN Library tool has been helping researchers for 65 years
- Have questions about iSeek? Drop in or log on to ask us!
- UNIC Beirut launches website with new improved design!
- ECA successfully migrates Lotus Notes archives to Unite Mail
- Digital innovation powering WFP efforts to end refugee hunger
- Umoja Preventive Maintenance module now active in UNON