Unite Newsletter - June 2018
Have you heard that the H: drive is retiring?
As we move to more modern tools and technology, an old, and trusted friend at UNHQ, the “H: drive” is going into much deserved retirement. Its last day is 29 July 2018. If you currently use the H: drive and want to keep the files stored in it, you must move them to either OneDrive or another location before 29 July 2018. On that date, the H: drive will be shut down and the files will no longer be accessible. Learn more
FTS women featured in #STEMrolemodel campaign
The Office of Information and Communications Technology in the Department of Management launched the campaign to recognize the significance of women in STEM, to advocate for gender parity within STEM, and to highlight role models for young women and girls.
If you are a woman in a STEM field, in any job, at any level, and would like to join your field colleagues in this important campaign, email the Field Technology Website Editor.
ICT in the field
- Hosted Unite AppDesk at UNHQ on 13 May and 27 May featuring Unite AppExperts providing support on key UN enterprise apps and topics including Unite Mail, Skype for Business, Unite Analytics, OneDrive for Business, and more
- Hosted TechNovation Talk—“Virtual & Augmented Reality for Tackling Global Issues” at UN Headquarters on 14 April
REMINDER: MANDATORY INFORMATION SECURITY AWARENESS
The mandatory information security awareness programme gives you the fundamental tools and knowledge to stay cyber safe.
To date, 64,644 UN staff and authorized ICT users have completed the course.
Take the mandatory online course to get more familiar with information security related topics, including malicious email threats.
Visit unite.un.org/infosec for information and tips on how you can protect yourself and the UN.
ICT on iSeek
- JIAMCATT comes home
- Have you heard that the H: drive is retiring?
- Training on "Accessing Your Electronic Resources" on 28 June 2018
- ‘Frontier technology’ key element of new UN disarmament agenda
- Mandatory course on prevention of sexual harassment and abuse
- Women from 15 Member States graduate UN Signals Academy course
- Division of Conference Management: 100-day innovation challenge