Unite Newsletter - January 2018
CKM Advisors Team Wins United Nations Unite Ideas Challenge to Build Science, Technology Search Engine for Sustainable Development
The United Nations announced that a team of data scientists and developers from CKM Advisors, a consulting firm based in New York City, has won the Unite Ideas #SciTechMatcher challenge. The Unite Ideas #SciTechMatcher challenge was launched by the Division for Sustainable Development in the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs in collaboration with the United Nations Office of Information and Communications Technology. Learn more
Take a look at ICT Communications & Outreach 2017 Year in Review slideshow highlighting and summarizing statistics on the communications and outreach programme for the Office of Information and Communications Technology.
ICT on iSeek
- Online UN Volunteer lends creativity to UNIC Beirut
- Pausing the Implementation of the Mobility Framework
- 2017 Highlights of Security Council Practice available now
- Fund Film Friday: Member Self-Service
- Now online: Unconscious bias workshop for CBI panel members
- Explore new Trusteeship Council & Decolonization Research Guides
ICT in the field
Information Security Awareness: Phishing
Phishing is an attempt to obtain sensitive information for malicious purposes through fraudulent emails. This video demonstrates how to identify phishing emails and the best way to avoid falling into these cyber traps. To learn more, visit unite.un.org/infosec
- More than 20,250 users have been successfully migrated to Unite Mail (Outlook and Office 365). If you have already migrated, complete a short survey about your Unite Mail migration experience.
- Please take a few minutes to complete the OneDrive introductory survey.
Tips and Tricks
You have two options when replying to a message with an attachment. You can:
- Copy the attachment from the original message and paste it in the reply message
- Forward the original message, which will keep the attachment, but you will need to re-address the message to the recipients.
To forward a message:
- Open the message or select it in the message list, and then choose Forward.
- Select the message, and then, in the Home tab > Respond group, choose Forward.