Unite Newsletter - April 2018
Access Connections with Unite Identity
New look for the Unite website
ICT in the field
- Business Relationship Management Professional Training at the RSCE
- The UN Secretariat Hybrid Cloud Project has been launched
- At the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona
- Senior Staffing Movements in the Field and HQ
- The DFS SCCM Integration in the Field Missions Project
- Etiquette rules apply to video conferences too!
- The first GSC Junior Ambassadors of the SDGs begin their work
- ICT Security Highlight: Patch Management
ICT on iSeek
- Hosted TechNovation Talk—“Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies. What are they? Potential Applications for the United Nations” at UN Headquarters on 11 April
- Launched Unite AppDesk at UNHQ, featuring Unite AppExperts providing support on key UN enterprise apps and topics including Unite Identity, Unite Mail, Information Security, and many more.
UNHQ successfully migrates to Office 365
Like a journey of a thousand miles, UN Headquarters' move to Office 365 began with one step, one small pilot in OICT. The journey has ended, with all UNHQ offices--over 8,000 users--migrated.
Thanks to all colleagues who worked closely with OICT in the Department of Management (DM) to achieve this major milestone.
The Office 2010 Suite will no longer be supported by OICT. Documents created in the older version of Microsoft are automatically compatible with Office 2016.
To learn more about Office 365, visit:
We need your feedback
REMINDER: MANDATORY INFORMATION SECURITY AWARENESS
The mandatory information security awareness programme gives all UN staff and authorized ICT users the fundamental tools and knowledge to stay cyber safe.
Take the mandatory online course to get more familiar with information security related topics, including malicious email threats.
Visit unite.un.org/infosec for information and tips on how you can protect yourself and the UN.