1. Opening of the meeting.
2. Adoption of the agenda.
3. Reports by ECLAC on the current situation in the Caribbean.
Reports by ECLAC on the current situation in the Caribbean with respect to population ageing and the rights of older persons; and by the Federation 3977, Martinique, on Elder Abuse.
4. Thematic sessions.
Thematic sessions addressing the following issues:
- Panel 1: Perspectives on the human rights of older persons.
- Panel 2: Economic security for older persons.
- Panel 3: Age-friendly health care.
- Panel 4: Improving social care provision.
- Panel 5: Protecting older persons in the family and the community.
- Panel 6: Older persons in social, cultural and political life.